To be answered
Choose the correct auxiliary verb to complete the sentence.
All Auxiliary Verbs Quizzes
1. What time _____ he usually get up?
2. I haven’t travelled much, but Gary ____.
3. I usually work on Saturdays, but last Saturday I ______.
4. ‘Do you think it’s going to rain?’; ‘It _______. Take an umbrella in case.’
5. ‘Please don’t tell anybody what happened.'; ‘Don’t worry. I ______.’
6. I don’t know whether to apply for the job or not. Do you think I ________ ?
7. ‘Are you and Chris going to the party?’; ‘I ____, but Chris _____.’
am … isn’t
can … is
8. I like hot weather, but Toby ________.
9. ‘Is Andy here?’; ‘He _____ five minutes ago, but I think he’s gone home now.’
10. Lisa said she might come and see me tomorrow, but I don’t think she _____ .
Watch the Quiz in Video Format
Subscribe to our newsletter