To be answered
Fill up the sentences with the correct idioms
All Idioms & Phrases Quizzes
1. It would be great if Siddu could help me with this task, but he says he has 'bigger fish to fry' right now.
don't even have time to complete the existing tasks
have more important things to do
have to a fry bigger fish
2. The students at our school were 'full of beans' today, even after a day trip.
have to eat healthy beans
full of tired and lost energy
possess a lot of energy and enthusiasm
3. Li Qiang is the captain of basketball team. He is the 'top banana'!
the most powerful person
the greatest captain of all time
best player in the team
4. Swimming is a 'hard nut to crack' for my tween.
difficult to eat nut while swimming
a favourite thing
difficult to deal with
5. Learning to write calligraphy is 'a piece of cake' for Mr. Jonathan.
it is very easy task to do
eats a piece of cake while learning
don’t have enough time to do
6. When the 'eggheads' talk about philosophy, I can't comprehend a word they say.
always discusses the same topic
intellectual or intelligent person
7. In the business sector, Ayaz's father was a 'big cheese'.
the richest person
a powerful or influential person
knows all about the specific industry
8. When Molloy is in trouble, she usually keeps her 'cool as a cucumber'.
fells the freshness of cucumber
remains silent if there is an issue
extremely calm and composed
9. It isn't possible for us to both stay at home and take care of the kids - someone has to 'bring home the bacon'.
to earn money for the family
neither you nor I should go out
get some bacon and bring it to the kids
10. My sister would be the winner of the best 'couch potato' award.
having an excellent couch in the house
a lazy who sits in front of the TV and does nothing
enjoys cooking like a chef
Watch the Quiz in Video Format
Idioms - Food
Subscribe to our newsletter