To be answered
Choose the right preposition from the given options to complete each sentence.
All Prepositions Quizzes
1. Due to the drivers' announcement of a strike at 5 p.m., the buses are running _________ schedule.
2. I’d been beamed up ____ an alien class who were ___ a school trip _____ Earth.
by … on … near
in … on … in
by … at … on
3. Mary runs a nursery garden _________ her retail store where you can get a nice collection of flowers.
on account of
4. We’ve been waiting here for you for _______ an hour.
5. ________ the time you finish reading this question, I will have prepared _____ the next quiz.
During … ___
At …. on
By … for
6. I really hope the manager will be here in _______ 10 minutes _______ I am so excited about getting my lottery winnings.
___ … because
under … because
within … so
7. We informed him that dinner would begin at 6 p.m., and he arrived _____. (*arrived exactly)
by the time
8. The cruise ship sailed _______ the ocean ____ the Caribbean.
across … to
between … to
from … to
9. The shopping mall is located on the _______ block _______ the high school.
down … before
beside … of
next … after
10. The child stands _________ the mother while she makes the meal.
11. The police stated that the evidence ________ the assailant was not very convincing.
12. Aleksi strolled _______ the busy street ________ his way to the gym.
on … upon
along … on
to … as
13. Tania is an average English student, but she is ___________ me in grammar and writing.
14. Sadly, _______ the time the ambulance arrived, the man had passed away.
15. We walked _________ the road for two miles before arriving at the lake.
16. The cricket team members are exhausted __________ the workout.
17. The woman was injured when she ran ______ a tree and had to be taken _____ the hospital.
on ... along
into ... to
through ... for
18. What are those strange sounds coming from ________ the house?
19. Every day, the girl walks ______ the pastry shop _____ her way to school.
near ... by
up ... to
past ... on
20. Students were instructed ____ read pages 24 ______ 31 for their assignment.
to … through
on ... to
onto ... until
Watch the Quiz in Video Format
Intermediate Level Prepositions
Subscribe to our newsletter