To be answered
Identify the correct form of past tenses for the following quiz.
All Tenses Quizzes
1. Katherine was lying on the couch. She was tired because she _________________ hard.
had been working
2. I __________ my son an allowance last year but asked him to get a job this year instead.
had been paid
3. Matt phoned while we ____________ dinner.
were been having
had been having
4. When I was young, I ____________ lots of television every day after school.
5. We _________________ tennis for about half an hour when it started to rain heavily.
had been playing
6. The lady sitting next to me on the plane was nervous. She _____________ before.
had been flown
7. _____ he _________ when his mom came home?
Was ..... sleeping
Had ..... sleeping
Was ..... been sleeping
8. How many people ________ they ___________ to the wedding?
did ….. invite
had ….. invite
were ….. invite
9. Samuel _____________ up while I was cooking dinner.
had been cleaning
10. By the time the presentation began, they _______________ their discussion.
had been completed
Watch the Quiz in Video Format
Subscribe to our newsletter